When I find something I like, I tend to become a loyal follower. iPhones over Androids, Chanel wallets, but definitely Louis Vuitton bags and always a mini pochette, Field Notes notebooks accompany me daily and I’m driving my third Honda. I feel like my Dad is to blame for this personality quirk although he’s still loyal to his copy machine and landline so hopefully I’m a variation on the theme.
My iPhone cases are no exception. If you follow my YouTube channel you’ll know that my most used iPhone 7 Plus case was my Ullu Wally case in handcrafted leather. There’s something about a leather case which makes me feel more professional. I always check out what type of case a person has on their phone. I can’t imagine the CEO of a company leading a meeting with some plastic glitter monstrosity designed for a twelve-year-old girl. No. It’s just a no.
When Ullu released their new Strappy case, I desperately wanted to splurge but couldn’t justify the purchase for a phone I knew I was going to upgrade in less than a year. Ullu cases are beautiful, but they come at a price.
First of all, here is why I love Ullu as a company regardless of the case you choose:
* All the styles are minimalistic and don’t take away from the aesthetics of the phone.
* They use premium materials: leather, ostrich, alligator.
* The cases are handcrafted so they all have a bit of uniqueness to them.
Why I love the Strappy case:
* If you read my review on the Loopy case, you already know I’m a fan of the hand loop grip, but this beats the Loopy because it also acts as a stand.
* Not only does the Strappy have the loop it also has a pocket for a credit card or cash. It’s the best of both worlds.
* The loop folds flat making it one of The slimmest cases on the market.
* Wireless charging isn’t supported.
* There isn’t much protection on the front of the case. Or the corners. Ok, there really isn’t much protection period. Don’t drop your phone. Don’t set your phone face down on a table. Treat your phone as if it were made of glass (that’s a joke, it is made of glass). Apple’s leather case offers more protection although arguably not by much.
* Price. This is a luxury product.
Because you carry your phone with you daily, your phone case is an extension of you, an expression of fashion. Ulla cases send a clear message that you have good taste.